Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Things I Find...

For the past two months we've been trying to get the pool up and running. We finally have it to where it isn't so cloudy but that is for another post. The pool is surrounded but a fence and it's located on a hill.

And it's shaped like Mickey Mouse's head!!

Recently I've noticed weird holes showing up on the hill. They are about the size of a half dollar but I haven't seen anything go in or out of them.




We decided to go ahead and treat the entire hill with bug killer, just in case. (We have an ant problem up there any way so I figured it couldn't hurt.)

As I'm crouching over, I see something in the dirt. Not completely sure what it is, I decided to dig it up.


Oh yeah, that's not scary AT ALL

What is this?? I know that it looks like a hook, but a hook to what? It's around 3 inches long and sharp.

It just reaffirms my decision to buy a metal detector. That post is coming soon :)


1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how prevalent they are in your part of the world, but it looks like locust holes to me (I'm from Texas).
    Love reading your blog. Your house is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete